F&M provides detailed analysis of financial transactions and management conduct for banks, savings and loans, mortgage brokerage and service firms, stock brokerage houses and insurance companies involved in litigation.
- Experienced Big Four CPAs with accounting, auditing and tax expertise
- Experienced expert witnesses
- Experienced investment banker
- Evaluation of lending, servicing and other financial institution activities
- Evaluation of applied accounting principles and auditing standards
- Analysis of brokerage portfolio activity and policyholder claims
- Experienced in evaluating fraudulent transactions including money laundering, Ponzi schemes and check embezzlement
- Evaluation and calculation of damages
- Discovery assistance, including depositions, documents and interrogatories
- Experienced with settlement and Alternative Dispute Resolution procedures
F&M Case Histories
- F&M valued a $32 billion national bank and its holding company in order to determine whether certain pre-bankruptcy transactions were actually fraudulent conveyances.
- F&M analyzed a $4 million check embezzlement case brought by a bank customer, demonstrating that the customer's deficient internal accounting controls were the principal factors in the embezzlement, not the bank's actions.
- F&M analysis in a matter involving an alleged audit failure in a bank showed that the auditor had complied with GAAS, thus avoiding liability for millions of dollars in damages.
- F&M prepared a financial model for a property and casualty insurer, projecting operating results "but for" the failure of reinsurers to make payments on a timely basis, resulting in a multi-million dollar recovery.
- F&M testified at trial on the activities of an insurance group in a $250 million civil disgorgement action that resulted in a defense verdict.
- F&M assisted counsel in securing a significant settlement relating to an offshore reinsurance company that manipulated its financial statements to raise capital for securitization transactions.