Construction and Real Estate
F&M has extensive experience in many phases of construction and real estate litigation. We have assisted counsel in representing materials manufacturers, suppliers, installers and other materials men, general contractors, subcontractors, lenders, bonding companies and owners in cases ranging from bridge and highway construction to commercial, industrial and high rise office buildings.
- Experienced Big Four CPAs with construction company auditing backgrounds
- Experienced Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs)
- Experienced expert witnesses
- Analysis of controlled disbursement accounts, vendor and subcontractor payables
- Evaluation of completion claims and construction defects
- Analysis of high rise office buildings, commercial and industrial buildings, industrial parks, single and multifamily residential developments, and shopping centers
F&M Case Histories
- F&M determined the extent of costs incurred and materials supplied in a 700-unit apartment complex matter in which the framing contractor filed for bankruptcy.
- In a construction defect matter, F&M assisted counsel defending a supplier by demonstrating that the contractor’s inexperience in the method of construction employed resulted in the alleged defects.
- In a breach of contract matter involving a cancelled steel order for a high-rise complex, F&M testified to alter ego issues related to the single purpose entity involved in the project.
- F&M reviewed hundreds of federally funded highway construction contracts and assessed whether or not there had been bidding fraud.
- F&M traced cash flows and ownership records of a complex series of interrelated partnerships and corporate entities owning interests in a series of commercial high-rise office buildings valued at over $1 billion.